I’ve had a busy and slightly stressful week, but there were some unexpected pops of ‘happy’ throughout. On Monday we had a surprise visitor for Halloween – my three year old niece. And even though my arms are still sore from carrying her around while trick-or-treating, it was really fun to see a little one get excited about the whole Halloween process! [I wish I had a picture to share from Halloween but #masifail].
1. We painted our room a beautiful blush pink back in July [after trying out 7 slightly different shades], and I haven’t put up any art yet. I’ve bought a couple of pieces, and also had something really special framed, but nothing is on the walls yet. Hoping to make some time for that this weekend.
2. I’ve been trying to drink more water lately, and I’m failing miserably. [I’m not really sure if that was worth sharing, but maybe a little public calling out will help].
3. Bought these shoes I’ve been lusting after all summer! They were originally $110 and are on sale for $65 now. I kind of stalked them weekly until the price drop.
4. It looks like I will be making a day trip to Anaheim next month for work. I’ve never flown somewhere in the morning and flown back the same evening, seems kind of cool! But now I feel like I need a a quality carry-on suitcase [I’ll use any excuse to shop!]
5. We finally bought some lamps for our house over the last couple of weeks. It’s so crazy that we’ve lived here for nearly 10 months and I’ve been squinting my eyes at my desk, and struggling to find a bright place to read in the morning. It’s crazy how we sometimes put off the littlest fixes when they can make such a big difference in our quality of life.
That’s it for thoughts from last week. As for the weekend, hopefully we’ll tackle my room on Saturday, and on Sunday we are attending a client event [I also bought a dress for that, please don’t judge me for all the shopping this week.]
What was your favourite moment from last week? Got some fun plans for the weekend? Please share in the comments, I’d love to hear!