Holy blast from the past folks! Today is my 14th anniversary so I thought it would be the perfect excuse to share embarrassing pictures and take a little walk down memory lane. See those top two pics, they are from 1999 & 2000. It feels like we were completely different people then! We got married in 2001 – and I wore pink, obviously!
I thought about sharing some marriage advice or wisdom like I did way back on our 10th anniversary, but instead here are 14 random facts about me and Mr. T (cause let’s be honest, that’s way more fun!)
1. We had our first date on Valentine’s Day 1999.
Equal parts corny & cute right?
2. He is 4.5″ taller than me.
This basically means that I can wear the highest possible heels I can walk in and he’s still taller. This isn’t really a requirement for a successful marriage, but it’s nice for pictures.
4. He likes Boston cream & I’m an apple fritter girl.
5. Mr. T does not drink coffee, tea, or chai – ever.
It’s unbelievable that we are even together right?
6. We were once busted by his grandfather on a day trip to Whistler when we were dating.
This was in the old days when Indian couples still dated secretly – yes, we are that old!
7. Our favourite Bollywood flick is Naseeb
I like the music he likes the movie8. Mr T is 7 years older than me.
Well if you want to get technical it’s actually 6.5 years. This basically means that I’ll be the childish one in the relationship forever.
9. When I was in Kindergarten he was in grade 7
When we first met our siblings loved reminding us of the fact, now we hardly notice the age gap.
9. We’ve lived in 8 different places over 14 years
Apparently we love to pack and lift heavy furniture.
11. He proposed on Friday the 13th
That’s a good sign right?
12. Mr T took cooking classes throughout high school, but his cooking skills end at scrambled eggs.
I on the other hand never took a class and am now the main cook at Casa Thandhi.
13. I’m the disorganized one in the relationship
Most people think I’ve got it all together, but Mr. T makes sure we pay our bills and invoice clients, and regularly helps me find my missing wallet – you know all the adult stuff.
14. We both have never had a pet
We are not pet people – we are people people, that’s why we have children.
Since the Mr. helped me write this post and approved all these points, here’s the both of us signing off! Thanks for reading and being a part of our goofy journey….
Sincerely, Mr T. and Mrs. Tea