A delicious and easy to make turkey that you cook on the BBQ. Perfect for grilling season.
1 cup of your favourite store bought BBQ sauce
¼ cup of powdered jaggery (shakkar) or brown sugar
1 tbs of garam masala powder
1 tbs ginger garlic paste
1 turkey 11-14 pounds
½ cup of melted butter
Salt and pepper to taste
Water (or white wine) as needed for steaming
- Preheat your gas grill to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Place the turkey in a roasting pan breast side up. Slather the turkey with melted butter and season liberally with salt and pepper. (Make sure you season inside the cavity too)
- Add ½ a cup of water or wine to the bottom of the pan.
- Place the roasting pan on the BBQ grills and close the lid. After 30 minutes tent the turkey to prevent burning the skin.
- After the turkey has cooked for 45 minutes, begin basting with the masala BBQ sauce. Baste every 20-25 minutes while cooking.
- Cook until a meat thermometer inserted into the thigh reaches a temperature of 170 degrees. (The Canadian Turkey site has a great cook time chart to help with timing)
- Let the turkey rest for 15 minutes. Carve and serve while still warm.