A creamy herbacious gravy made with methi and cream, perfect for juicy bbq turkey pieces.
- 2 cups of leftover turkey meat (from our Masala BBQ Turkey)
- 1 cup of methi leave (fresh fenugreek leaves) *see note
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp salt (or as needed)
- 1 cup water (reserved)
- 2 cup of fresh cream
- 2 tbs oil
- 1.5 cups of chopped onions
- 1 small tomato – chopped
- 1 inch piece of ginger – chopped
- 6 cloves of garlic – chopped
- 1 green chilli – chopped (optional)
- 10–12 cashews chopped
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbs oil
- Wash and chop the methi leaves. Keep these aside.
- Make the masala paste: Start by heating the oil in a pan and heat the cumin seeds for 60 seconds.
- Add the onions to the pan and continue to saute on a low to medium heat until they turn golden brown. (Approximately 5-7 minutes.)
- Then add the cashews, ginger, garlic, and green chili. Cook together for 1-2 minutes, keep stirring so the garlic doesn’t stick and burn.
- Add the tomatoes and cook for another 3 minutes, (or until the tomatoes are soft)
- Cool the onion tomato mixture down and grind it to a paste. Keep aside.
- Heat 2 tbs of oil in a clean pan. Add the methi leaves and cook until they wilt. (2-3 minutes).
- Add the coriander powder.
- Add the ground tomato and onion paste from step 6, mix everything together and cook on low for two minutes.
- Add in the cream and mix well to combine.
- Now add in the turkey pieces and combine. Cook for 2-3 minutes until the meat is warmed through and all the flavours are combined.
- Finish with garam masala, stir well, and serve.
If you can’t find fresh methi, you can substitute with 1/4 cup of dried Kasuri methi, but fresh is preferabble.