This hearty tomato soup is perfect for fall and winter, and has a unique flavour profile.
2 cans of chopped tomatoes
1 can of coconut milk
1/2 bunch of cilantro, roughly chopped with stalks
2 inch piece of ginger, roughly chopped
1 tbsp harissa paste (you can use less if you like)
Juice of half a lime
1 tsp salt (or to taste)
1 tsp black pepper
For mint drizzle:
1/4 cup of yogurt
6-8 leaves of fresh mint
- Empty chopped tomatoes into a large saucepan over medium heat. Add harissa paste.
- Add coconut milk, cilantro, and ginger, mix well, and cook on medium heat for 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and use an immersion blender to create a smooth soup consistency.
- Return to stove, add lime juice, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Blend yogurt and mint leaves to create mint drizzle.
- Remove soup from stove. Serve topped with tortillas, chopped cilantro, jalepenos, and mint yogurt drizzle.