Anyone that knows me in real life, or follows me on Facebook may already know that I’m a bit of a workaholic, filling every free moment with another task. The problem with that is, every time I look up from my to-do lists, project files, and ridiculous amounts of notes, another few years of my life have passed and I don’t feel like I accomplished much other than working a lot. In a few hours I’m turning 33, not a huge number, but for the first time in years (since my 25th birthday in fact), I feel like I’m ‘getting old’, whatever the heck that means anyway. I want my life legacy to be more than; she was a diligent worker and never put her smart phone down, or man that girl sent a lot of tweets – it’s a shame she never visited the Great Wall of China.
Since I had so much fun (and more success than I expected) with my summer bucket list, I thought it would be fun to work on my 35 before 35 list. It’s a little narrower than the life list I once did, and a lot more realistic. While I know that trying to complete 35 tasks in 24 months is a bit crazy, everything I’ve chosen represents fun, family, and self-love so I’m sure it will be worth effort…so here we go!
35 Before 35 List:
- Make a fascinator and wear it somewhere fancy
- Print and organize our family photos
- Make a video of my best in the world chai recipe
- Become a really good conversationalist (like really listen to what people are saying)
- Host a New Year’s Eve party
- Grow a kitchen garden or keep a plant alive
- Learn to make macarons
- Repair a broken relationship (there is one person I’d like to make amends with)
- Take an outfit photo at the Eiffel Tower
- Launch my super secret yet so awesome biz project (sorry, no details yet!)
- Buy a real painting – not a print
- Create a new family tradition
- Write a book proposal/find an agent
- Teach my kids conversational Punjabi
- Personalize my home
- Complete a Project 365
- Learn to do a smoky eye
- Start a journey of self-love
- Get wrist tattoos
- Take really special family photos
- Run in a 5K
- Print my own fabric
- Take a family vacation
- Find my signature cocktail
- Watch the Nutcracker Ballet
- Unplug for a whole week
- Make a personal brand website
- Go to a wine tasting
- Have High Tea at the Empress Hotel in Victoria
- Write letters to my kids
- Take updated photos in my wedding outfit
- Buy a new tea set
- Get business cards I love giving out
- Take a Greek cooking class
- Complete 35 random acts of kindness
So now I’m scared, but a good kind of scared…the kind that comes with excitement too! The goals that make me most nervous are; hosting a New Year’s Eve party – I only have two shots at that one, making macarons – I can’t bake to save my life, getting wrist tattoos – I’m a chicken, unplug for a whole week – I’m addicted to being connected. The ones I have no idea how I’ll measure completion for are; being a good conversationalist and truly embracing self-love, I guess I’ll just have to use the honour system when checking those off!
The hardest one though will be #8 – repairing a broken relationship. There is someone in particular that I really want to fix my relationship with and have them back in my life, that may not be a conversation I share on the blog, but it’s one that I definitely need to have.
With that it is time for me to pour myself a glass of wine and put on my fuzzy pj’s so I can wake up one year older and slightly wiser tomorrow!